Storm Damage Repair & Restoration
Schedule a free inspection if your home’s been hit by severe weather and has suffered storm damage in Minnesota or Wisconsin!
The Calm After a Stormageddon
Has your roof been damaged by storm weather and hail? We know that the insurance process can be a bit complicated and that storm-chasing contractors are constantly knocking at your door. Ashton McGee Restoration Group is a locally owned and operated business and we provide a relationship, not just a service. So if you need a quick and safe restoration service, then we are the group to call. Our exceptional and well-experienced restoration team will repair, replace and maintain your roof and ensure that your new roof is protected against further storms, wind, or rain damage of all kinds. We also walk you through the entire process from inspection to the insurance process to cleaning your property after the roof replacement.
Here in Minnesota and Wisconsin, the potential for storm damage is just one of many aspects of homeownership we always have to keep in the back of our minds. While we at AMRG hope that every home escapes bad weather unscathed, we know that there’s a chance you may someday be impacted by a storm – and should that day come, you can be sure that the professionals at Ashton McGee will walk you through every step in the process to make your home whole again.
When storms hit your home, it’s important to inspect your roof for damage right away so that you can get any issues sorted out. Quick action helps prevent any worse damage from occurring to your home. Think of your roof as the first line of defense against the weather conditions. It is important to do routine roof inspections to make sure your home is safe even before the storm hits. Don’t wait until it’s too late.
Damage you want to be on the lookout for when you inspect your roof after a storm:
If you notice shingles on your roof that appear to have been lifted or shifted after a storm, it’s important to get them repaired right away. Allowing problems that appear insignificant at first to linger through a second storm could leave your home vulnerable to further damage.
Fallen Debris Damage
Storms can tear branches and limbs from trees, and even sometimes cause trees to fall altogether. If you experience roof damage as a result of fallen debris of any kind, it’s important to have it safely removed and the area inspected to ensure that your home’s roof is still in good working order. If a tree falls on your home, contact a professional immediately.
Your roof may seem like it will handle most hail well enough, but even small-sized hail can be enough to cause damage to your shingles. It can potentially cause cracking in shingles, which may leave your roof vulnerable to other elements like water and UV rays. This can significantly impact the life expectancy of your roof.
Storm Damage Reviews
I had my roof replacement done by Ashton McGee Restoration Group due to hail damage. Andrew Shultz was the project manager and made the whole process effortless. I’m very satisfied with the work that AMRG has done and wouldn’t hesitate to use them again in the future for any storm damage repairs or anything else.
– NATHAN GLASSEL
We Got This Y'all!
#1 Storm Damage Repair Company in MN
We understand that Minneapolis and the Twin Cities metro area are known to experience potentially hazardous weather year-round. We know that homeowners can’t predict when that weather is going to impact their property, but you can rest easy knowing our team is just a call away and that we specialize in storm damage repair. If your home has sustained damage following a storm of any nature, call your Minnesota home restoration experts at Ashton McGee Restoration Group at (952) 426-3736.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Our team will conduct a thorough inspection of your home to assess the total damage and help you decide on the best plan of action to get your home back to 100%.
- If you have experienced significant damage and will be filing an insurance claim, you will then contact your insurance provider who will also send someone to assess the damage to your property.
- Once Ashton McGee and your insurance company have reached an agreement on the amount of damage incurred by the storm and what will be needed to restore your home, we will go over the coverage. We pride ourselves on being transparent with our customers! From there, we will walk you through the process of selecting the styles and colors of everything that needs replacing.
- Typically, insurance companies pay for claims with 2 separate checks. One is the ACV or “actual cash value” check that’s disbursed before work begins. One the project is completed, they will release another check for the remainder which is also known as the “depreciation”.
- We will then contact you to schedule your project’s exact date of start and will give you an anticipated completion date.
- Project work begins – your dedicated Project Manager will reach out to answer any questions you may have as we start the physical labor portion of your home restoration. They will maintain acute attention to detail throughout the entire project to make sure every step is completed to your 100% satisfaction and our very high standards.
- Once the project is complete, we inspect the quality of our work. We ensure the area on and around your home has been cleaned, and then we contact the city or town where you live to obtain final inspection.
- A copy of your invoice will be sent to both you and your insurance company, which is when the insurance company will release the 2nd check to Ashton McGee Restoration Group. Once we have received that payment, you will then receive a “paid in full” invoice from us.
After storms roll through, it’s always a good idea to inspect for any damage, especially to your roof. Even minor wind or hail storms can take a toll on the outer shell of your home, and sometimes that damage can be difficult to assess from the ground. Give the experts at Ashton McGee Restoration Group a call and we’ll gladly inspect for damage after any storm to put your mind at ease. If there is storm damage, it’s important to get it repaired as quickly as possible to avoid worsening the damage which will result in a more expensive restoration process down the road.
Insurance companies usually require an insurance claim be submitted within a year of the storm date. That’s why we recommend regular inspections by professionals like the ones at Ashton McGee Restoration Group, so that you’re not hit with the full responsibility for repairs that your insurance company would have covered if you had submitted your claim earlier!
In these sorts of instances, our experts will request that another adjuster from the insurance provider come out to your property to assess the damage alongside us. If we’ve previously inspected the property and assessed that a recent storm did damage it, we will discuss our findings with the adjuster. Our team has decades of experience assisting customers with the storm damage home restoration process, so you can be assured that from the moment you contact us all the way to the completion of your project, we got this y’all.
With Ashton McGee Restoration Group, you can be sure that your claim will be filed appropriately. We assist you through the entire filing process so that the only thing you have to worry about is picking up the phone to give us a call!
Unfortunately, it’s impossible to suggest that a newer roof is capable of withstanding a nasty storm when it decides to impact your home. We do our best to ensure that your roof will have a long life and protect the rest of your home from water penetration and debris damage. However, it only takes one storm to cause significant damage. If you think a recent storm may have damaged your new roof, give the best roofers in MN a call. We’ll conduct a thorough inspection and inform you of any concerns you may want addressed before another storm comes through.
When we perform an inspection and determine that the damage to your home was the result of a storm, it should be covered by your homeowner’s insurance. We provide a detailed damage assessment upon inspection, which you then give to your insurance agent. The agent will meet with us to assess the damage on behalf of the insurance company. We pride ourselves in being honest and transparent through the inspection process so that, regardless of the insurance company you’ve chosen to cover your home, there is an expectation of trust and mutual respect. That’s why we are the best roofing contractor in Minneapolis.
Since mother nature is completely out of your control, things like storm damage (also referred to as “environmental factors”) will typically not impact your insurance rates specifically as it wasn’t damage caused by your negligence. It is common, however, to see insurance rates rise for an affected area after a particularly severe storm where significant damage was seen throughout a community.
You aren’t required to hire a roofing contractor in order to file an insurance claim for damage your property has sustained. However, it can be very beneficial to have a trained specialist on site to assess the damage with the insurance adjuster so ensure that nothing is overlooked and you receive a fair assessment of the damages. Your safety and the restoration of your property are our main objective, and our goal is to always maintain that trust with our customers.
- Before you start to pick up debris around your property, take photos and notes. It’s crucial to document as much as you can before repairing anything or cleaning anything up.
- Contact your insurance company to notify them of the storm damage your property has sustained.
- Make temporary repairs if you are able; get a tarp if there are any leaks (DO NOT nail a tarp to any portion of your roof – this can cause further water damage!).
- Be sure that your insurance adjuster provides you with a proof of loss statement – if you discover any additional damage, report it to your adjuster ASAP so that it gets added to your claim.
- If the damage is severe enough that your home is unsafe to stay in, save all receipts for housing costs you may incur during that time period.
- Don’t feel pressured into signing a contract with any companies. It’s important to work with reputable contractors. If you would like to learn more about a particular company, you can always contact the Better Business Bureau or the Chamber of Commerce for information and referrals.
- Keep copies of all correspondence and documents from your insurance company.
- Don’t hesitate to call a local roofer if you’re not sure where to start. We got this y’all!